There is an inextricable link between truckers and their trucks. After all, when you spend days, weeks, or even months with a particular car, you get very attached to it. DPF Canada And some truckers have been working on the same truck for decades. Of course, because of this, we, as emotional creatures, humanize things and try to give them something. For example, many truckers are sure that trucks have a specific character. And it is based on this that you can choose a name for the car.
This is normal because you value your trucks, take care of them and spend a lot of time in them. Everything that is dear to you deserves a name. That’s why Logity Dispatch decided to create a list of names for trucks that you might like.
Why give your truck a name?
In this article, you can find ideas for names for trucks. In the meantime, we will analyze the phenomenon as the desire to give a truck a name and offer you options. So, first, let’s start with the reasons. Studies from many truck and passenger car manufacturers show that vehicle owners are very passionate about their trucks and associate them with their lives, their favorite work, and joyous moments. This emotional connection is powerful and standard. As we said above, you spend most of your time in a truck, so it’s pretty normal to consider your truck as a family member.
What name should you choose for the truck?
There are several factors that will help you choose the perfect name for your truck.
Pay attention to the size, color, and purpose of the machine. This will give inspiration and an understanding of the vector in which you need to think.
For example, some trucks seem to show by their whole behavior that they are tough and strong. Or vice versa, something in the management of the truck hints that the name should be female. And the opportunity gives the impression that your truck is a cheerful tramp. Think about your associations and use them for inspiration.
Favorite movie, actor, color, food, song, story, or event are great hints to help you choose the perfect name.
But we can’t leave you alone with this brainstorming, so we’ve collected exciting names for trucks. Look for your inspiration or even a ready-made solution in the list below.
Ideas for a truck name
We have divided the names into several categories to make it easier for you to navigate through the list.
- Names based on the strength
- Beast (meaning: a large or dangerous animal);
- Death Row (association with crime, punishment, and justice);
- Desperado (meaning: a desperate or reckless);
- Dreadful (association with something scary and intense);
- El Diablo (meaning: the devil);
- El Grande (meaning: the big one);
- Godzilla (association with strong creature).
- Names for girls
- Angel (association with beauty, purity, and innocence);
- Banshee (meaning: a female spirit whose wailing warns of death);
- Black Pearl (associations with the ship from the movie «Pirates of the Caribbean»);
- Xena Warrior Princess (associations with strong female warrior);
- Sweet Caroline (as a Neil Diamond song);
- Plain Jane (associations with something simple and familiar);
- Red Rose (associations with beauty and drama);
- Tallulah (meaning: girl’s name of Native American origin).
- Names for boys
- Lincoln (as the United States 16th President);
- Leon (as a character in the movie);
- Big Papa (associations with respect);
- MJ (as a Michal Jordan);
- The Rock (as a Dwayne Johnson);
- Big Boy (associations with maturity and respect);
- Hellboy (as a character in the movie);
- Hercules (meaning: divine hero famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures);
- Zeus (meaning: the sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion).
- Names for black trucks
- Black Raven (associations with something sinister, insidious, and wise);
- Sabotage (meaning: to destroy, damage, or obstruct);
- Snake Eyes (associations with a predator);
- Smokin’ Gun (associations with something cool and dangerous);
- The Captain (meaning: the leader of a team);
- Black Panther (as a character in the movie);
- Lucifer (meaning: the devil);
- Dark Angel (associations with unity of bad and good things);
- Shadow (associations with something mysterious and dangerous);
- Darth Vader (as a character in «Star Wars»).
- Names for red trucks
- Devil (associations with evil);
- Yosemite Sam (as a cartoon character in the Looney Tunes);
- Red Bull (associations with something solid and furious);
- Cherry Bomb (meaning: good looking);
- Bloody Murder (associations with something mad and intense);
- Cherry Bomb (meaning: red firework);
- Ladybug (as a character in «Miraculous Lady Bug»);
- Scarlet Beauty (meaning: gorgeous red);
- Red Dynamite (associations with something cool, dangerous, and mad);
- Sweet Cherry (meaning: a ripe sweet fruit).
- Names based on movies
- Bumblebee (from «Transformers»);
- Black Widow (from «The Avengers»);
- War Machine (from «Iron Man»);
- Maverick (from «Top Gun»);
- McFly (from «Back to the Future»);
- Toretto (from «Fast and furious»);
- Marv (from «Sin City»).