Concrete coatings provide a great finish to your floors, making them look shiny, smooth, and durable. However, during the application process, contractors can face problems such as bubbles forming on the surface of the coating. This can be extremely frustrating for both homeowners and professional concrete coating companies like this one. In this blog post, we will discuss how to avoid bubbles when applying concrete coatings, including the causes, prevention, and solutions.
Causes of bubble formation in concrete coatings
- Moisture in the concrete surface
- Oil or grease residue on the concrete
- High application temperatures
- Using the wrong type of roller or brush
Ways to prevent bubble formation in concrete coatings
- Thoroughly clean and prepare the concrete surface before application
- Ensure that the surface is completely dry before applying the coating
- Wait for ideal temperature and humidity conditions before applying the coating
- Utilize a spray gun rather than a roller or brush to apply the coating faster and more uniformly
Solutions for dealing with bubbles in concrete coatings
- Mix new coating material and apply a thin layer over the surface
- Use a heat gun or other heat source to remove the bubbles
- Sand the surface with a gritty sandpaper and apply a new coating
Importance of seeking professional assistance
While it is possible to perform a DIY concrete coating project, utilizing professional concrete coating companies is recommended. They have the proper tools, equipment, and experience to ensure a high-quality finish. Additionally, professional companies can help prevent bubble formation in the first place and address any issues that may arise during the coating process.
Advantages of choosing a professional concrete coating company
- Knowledge of different concrete coating materials and their application processes
- Access to high-quality equipment and tools
- Experienced staff to handle any problems during the coating process
- A warranty on the work that is performed
In conclusion, bubbles in concrete coatings can be avoided with proper preparation, application, and maintenance. However, it is always best to work with professional concrete coating companies who can offer their expertise and guidance. By following these tips, you can achieve a beautiful and durable finish for your floorings.