More and more services are becoming available online every day. This allows people to conveniently register on various websites and use online services from the comfort of their own homes. However, many of these services require the user to confirm their identity, including by means of an SMS code sent to the phone number provided during registration. In this article we look at what virtual numbers for SMS are and how they can be used for online registrations
What is an online mobile number and what are the benefits?
An online mobile number for receiving SMS is a phone number which is not linked to a physical smartphone or phone. It is linked to a cloud telephony service and can be used to receive text messages from any mobile phone, application or any other web recourse.
The main advantages of online phone numbers for receiving SMS are:
- Privacy: such a number provides anonymity because its owner does not have to provide personal details to access the service.
- Greater security: Virtual phone numbers for receiving SMS can be used to provide an additional level of security on the Internet. For example, they can be used for two-factor authentication to ensure secure login to various online systems.
- Geographical independence: with a virtual SMS number, you can receive messages from any country, using a phone number from any country, regardless of your real location.
- Cost effective: it is a cheaper option compared to buying a new mobile phone, E-SIM or a regular SIM card. On some services, it is even possible to get free SMS number without registering.
- Convenience: An online number to receive SMS can be accessed at any time and from anywhere as long as there is access to the Internet.
So, a virtual phone number to receive SMS can be a useful tool for businesses or individuals who are looking for anonymity and security when receiving SMS on the internet.
Disadvantages of virtual phone number
While virtual phone numbers for receiving SMS have many advantages, they also have some disadvantages:
- In rare cases, some services do not support virtual numbers: Some websites and applications may not support virtual numbers, making them unsuitable for receiving SMS messages from such sources.
- Limitations on certain services: In some countries or regions, there are restrictions on the use of virtual numbers for some services such as car registration or other services which require physical contact with the number owner.
- No call capability: Virtual phone numbers for receiving SMS do not support making calls which may be inconvenient if you want to communicate with the sender of the message.
- Limiting the number of messages: some virtual phone number providers may impose restrictions on the number of SMS messages that can be received in a certain period of time. But this problem is easily solved by renting a virtual number for a longer period of time.
Therefore, before using a virtual phone number to receive SMS, you should consider its disadvantages and advantages, and choose an appropriate provider depending on the needs of the user.
Where can I get a Virtual Phone Number to receive SMS?
SMS-man is one of the virtual number providers for SMS verification, and to get a virtual number through this site, you need to do the following steps:
- Register on SMS-man website. To do these go to the home page of the site and click “Register”. Enter your email and password and then confirm your account by following the instructions sent to your email.
- Top up your balance. In order to get a virtual number you need to recharge your balance on SMS-man website. You can choose any convenient payment method, such as bank card, e-wallet or cryptocurrency.
- Choose country and service you want to get virtual number for. You can choose from 150 countries and around 1,000 online registration services. SMS-man offers virtual numbers for various services like WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber etc.
- Get Virtual Number. Once you choose your country and service, click “Buy” button. Then your virtual number will be automatically added to your account. You can use this number for registration on website or application you choose.
- Get SMS code. As soon as you register on website or application you will receive an SMS code to virtual number. You can get it via SMS-man by clicking “Get SMS” in your personal cabinet. Enter this code on the website or app to complete the registration process.
It is important to note that SMS-man is one of many virtual number providers for SMS, and you can choose another provider depending on your needs and preferences.