Are you looking for a way to improve the air quality in your home? Are you concerned about the health of your family? Ozone shock treatment can provide relief from airborne allergens, bacteria, and other contaminants. Read on to learn more about why you may need this powerful treatment.
What is Ozone Shock Treatment?
- Ozone Shock Treatment removes unwanted odours and kills mould, vermin, and microorganisms in commercial and residential buildings.
- Ozone is a beneficial gas for removing odours as it circulates throughout the environment, breaking down odour molecules and leaving the air feeling fresher.
- To conduct an Ozone Shock Treatment, all fabric items should be removed or wrapped in plastic, including mattresses, curtains, and carpets.
- This type of treatment is less costly than traditional shock treatments as it involves treating the area for a shorter period of time.
- During an Ozone Shock Treatment, ozone is produced at levels no less than ten ppm and no more than 15 ppm to break down odour molecules permanently.
- Not only does this treatment eliminate foul odours, but it also works to target airborne allergens, pathogens, and VOCs, which improve indoor air quality.
- Ozone Shock Treatments are quick and effective ways to rid your home or business of foul odours without harsh chemicals or other toxic products.
Benefits of Ozone Shock Treatment
- Ozone shock treatments can effectively remove odours, bacteria, and viruses from hard-to-reach areas of your home or business.
- Ozone shock treatments are safe and non-toxic, making them an ideal choice for those looking for an environmentally friendly option.
- Ozone shock treatments are swift and cost-effective, often taking less than an hour to complete.
- Unlike many chemical cleaning methods, ozone shock treatments do not leave behind any residue or residue-causing toxins in the air.
- Ozone shock treatments are powerful enough to break down nicotine and thousands of other chemicals from cigarette smoke, making them an excellent choice for dealing with smoke damage.
- Ozone shock treatments can help reduce the spread of airborne illnesses by killing off harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Ozone shock treatments can also remove mould spores from hard-to-reach areas of your home or business, providing a healthier living environment for you and your family.
- Ozone shock treatments are also highly effective at eliminating odours from pet accidents, cooking fumes, and other unpleasant odours that linger in the air.
- It can be used to clean carpets, furniture, drapes and upholstery without causing any damage to the fabric or colour fade over time.
- Lastly, ozone shock treatments are highly effective at removing dust mites, pollen and other allergens from your home or office environment that may trigger allergies or asthma attacks in sensitive individuals.
How Does Ozone Shock Treatment Work?
- Ozone shock treatment works by introducing a high concentration of ozone gas into the air of a specific area. This gas is produced when oxygen molecules are exposed to an electric charge, breaking them down into individual atoms that form the ozone gas.
- The ozone gas is then circulated through the space in a process known as oxidation, which helps to remove pollutants and odours from the air. It also sanitizes bacteria, mould, and other microorganisms that can cause health issues.
- Ozone shock treatment works by oxidizing organic compounds in the air, such as dust particles, pet dander, pollen and smoke particles. As these compounds are oxidized, they are converted into harmless molecules that can easily be filtered out of the air by air purification systems.
- Ozone shock treatment also works to reduce levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the air. VOCs are emitted from common cleaning products and paint fumes and can be dangerous to breathe in large quantities. Ozone shock treatments help keep indoor air quality safe by removing VOCs from the air.
- Ozone shock treatment also effectively reduces unpleasant odours in homes and businesses by breaking down odour-causing molecules into smaller particles that become undetectable to the nose. This makes it ideal for removing stubborn smells like smoke or pet odours from indoor spaces.
- Finally, ozone shock treatment can help improve indoor air quality for those who suffer from asthma and allergies by removing pollen, dust mites and other allergens from the air. Doing this helps relieve symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes that airborne allergens can cause.
How to Set Up an Ozone Shock Treatment
- Before you set up an ozone shock treatment, it is essential to understand what it is and how it works. An ozone shock treatment removes unwanted odours, killing mold, vermin and microorganisms in commercial and residential settings. It utilizes ozone, a safe and non-toxic chemical-free solution to odour removal.
- Before you start your ozone shock treatment, it is essential to prepare for the environment. Remove all fabric items such as mattresses or wrap them in plastic. Also, take out plants, pets, and artwork that are not protected from the ozone gas used in the shock treatment.
- When everything is ready, you can set up the ozone generator for the shock treatment. Make sure to place it in a high spot in the center of the room to ensure maximum dispersion of the ozone gas.
- Once the generator is set up, turn it on and let it run for at least an hour or two, depending on how large the room is and how much odour needs to be removed.
- When the treatment is complete, open all windows and doors to allow fresh air into the room before re-entering it.
- If needed, repeat this process until all odours are gone or minimized to your satisfaction.
Common Uses of Ozone Shock Treatment
- Ozone Shock Treatment is used for various purposes, including water treatment, odour removal, and car detailing. In the water treatment industry, ozone generators are used to purify water by eliminating bacteria and viruses, improving its taste and odour, and making it safe.
- Ozone Shock Treatment also removes unpleasant odours from the air. It can kill and denature mould on surfaces, breaking down many VOCs and odours, such as perfume. It can also remediate the smoke smell in certain cases.
- Ozone Shock Treatment is also used in alternative medicine as a controversial practice to fight disease. It kills bacteria, reduces inflammation, and boosts the immune system.
- Finally, Ozone Shock Treatment is often used in car detailing to clean out the smoke smell and other odours lingering in your vehicle’s interior. A car detailer will keep an ozone generator in your car for a specific time, depending on the intensity of the odour.
The Process of Ozone Shock Treatment
- An ozone shock treatment is a process that eliminates odours, bacteria, and viruses from the air and surfaces within a confined area.
- Ozone shock treatments should be performed in unoccupied spaces or by a professional ozone service partner like Ozone Solutions.
- To begin, all fabric items must be removed or wrapped in plastic, including mattresses.
- Once the space is ready, an ozone generator is placed in the area and set to produce ozone at levels of 10ppm to 15ppm for the duration of the treatment.
- The ozone generator produces ozone gas which works to break down odour particles and contaminants with the help of a UV optics system.
- After the treatment has been completed, all occupants should remain out of the area for 2-3 hours while fresh air is circulated throughout the space.
- Once complete, maintenance ozone shock treatments are recommended to maintain air purity and safety in indoor environments after “shock” treatment has been conducted.
How Often Should You Do an Ozone Shock Treatment?
- Ozone shock treatment is a process used to remove unwanted odors, kill mold and vermin, and disinfect surfaces.
- Ozone shock treatments should be performed according to the manufacturer’s instructions to achieve optimal results. Generally, this means running the ozone generator for 3-10 hours, depending on the size of the space being treated.
- After an ozone shock treatment, it is recommended that you wait at least 4 hours before entering the space again for safety reasons.
- The ozone molecule has a short half-life and will decay and revert back to oxygen in a short period of time. Therefore, repeating treatments may be necessary if odour levels remain high after the initial treatment.
- How often you should perform an ozone shock treatment depends on the severity of the odours in your space and how quickly the treatment eliminates them.
- In most cases, repeating treatments every few days or once a week should eliminate most odours. However, if odour levels remain high after multiple treatments, you may need to consider other options, such as air purifiers or chemical cleaners.
The Cost of an Ozone Shock Treatment
- Ozone Shock Treatment is a safe, non-toxic, chemical-free and environmentally responsible solution to odour removal. It is the most widely preferred method of sterilizing indoor spaces because it is less costly than some alternative methods of cleaning or removing building material.
- An average-sized ozone Generator can cost between $100 and $500 or more for the treatment.
- Ozone Shock Treatment is less expensive than other methods due to the shorter period to treat a dwelling – typically a third of the cost of a shock.
- Companies, such as CE Odor Removal, have brought Ozone Shock Treatment to home and business owners looking for an affordable way to remove odours from their indoor spaces.
- Setting up an Ozone Shock Treatment requires knowledge and experience in ozone generators, proper placement, and the right safety precautions – all of which can raise the cost even more, depending on the dwelling size that needs to be treated.
- The cost will vary depending on the size of the dwelling being treated, but with proper knowledge and preparation, you can ensure that you are getting the best possible value for your money when investing in an Ozone Shock Treatment.
Safety Precautions When Doing an Ozone Shock Treatment
When setting up an ozone shock treatment, it is essential to take safety precautions to ensure that the treatment is done safely and effectively. Here are the top safety precautions to take when performing an ozone shock treatment:
- No People, Pets, or Plants in the Area: Ozone shock treatments can be dangerous if not done correctly. During the ozone shock treatment, it is vital to keep people, pets, and plants away from the area.
- Remove to Fresh Air Immediately. If Exposed: If anyone is exposed to high ozone levels during the treatment, they should move to fresh air immediately and seek medical advice if necessary.
- Do Not Breathe in Ozone: Breathing in high ozone levels can worsen asthma symptoms and be dangerous for people with heart conditions. Therefore, it is important to avoid breathing in ozone during the treatment.
- Leave the Space After Treatment: Once the ozone shock treatment has been completed, it is important to leave the space for a minimum of two hours so that the ozone can clean it and get rid of any bacteria or bad smells.
- Follow FDA Guidelines: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that indoor medical devices’ output for ozone shock treatments not exceed 0.05 ppm. It is important to follow these guidelines when setting up an ozone shock treatment to ensure the treatment’s safety and effectiveness.
Ozone shock treatment is an effective way to eliminate mould, bacteria, and viruses from your home. It can be used to sanitize surfaces and reduce the risk of airborne contaminants. It is an economical option that is relatively quick and easy to set up.
Despite its effectiveness, it is crucial to remember that ozone can be harmful if inhaled in high concentrations. Therefore, following safety precautions when using ozone shock treatment is essential. Additionally, it is not recommended by the FDA as a medical therapy.
When done correctly and with caution, ozone shock treatment can be an effective way to improve the quality of the air in your home.