QR codes are black & white square-shaped barcodes, you see at retail stores, grocery stores, doctor’s offices, restaurants, and direct mail marketing items. Mobile devices are used to scan the QR code and get information instantly.
There are two main categories of QR codes – Static and Dynamic. Static QR codes have their limitations including unchangeable and hard-coded information. Dynamic QR codes are advanced allowing updating the information. Marketers can have total control over their QR codes and besides, they are trackable.
QR-Kode.no offers a reliable QR code generator to create dynamic QR codes for tracking and you can duplicate, adapt and change them as you need. Get a free 7-day trial plan before you invest in a reliable QR code-generating tool.
Why use QR codes?
- Great for analytics – Track your QR code performance and get an insight into where customers use it, how they interact, and the outcome. QR code’s destination can be changed and updated quickly. Testing new offers, links, and products becomes easy.
- Easy data collection – QR codes allow accumulating 1st party data rather than depending on 3rd party data from Google. This means, you can collect data directly from consumers and use it efficiently for target marketing, lead generation, etc. Consumers’ concern about the usage of their data is reduced.
- Enables customer self-service – The use of QR codes on restaurant menus empowers customers to self-serve. You can give customers the chance to make reservations with a quick scan. If direct assistance is not necessary then QR codes can make the self-service contactless experience smooth.
- Connect offline & online media – You don’t need space to add a long link because with QR codes, you can connect offline and online media with ease. You can share the extra data with consumers, which was impossible in the past.
How do integrate QR codes in marketing?
Marketers and advertisers need to leverage the use of QR codes for business promotion.
- Incorporate in business cards – Embed a QR code in your business card including contact details or leading to a webpage with your relevant information or a webpage that sketches a strong call-to-action. You can track the visitors arriving on your site via a business card QR code.
- Ask for reviews – Asking consumers to submit reviews is time-consuming and not effective. With a QR code, you can link the consumers directly to review sites like Yelp, Google, social media, etc. Simultaneously, offer some incentive or a discount. You can place Review QR codes on receipts of your store or restaurant.
Consumers use mobile devices, so they can scan the code. You can include their photo with the review, which can be more appealing. You can track their interaction to identify, which platform they visit to read reviews.
- Enhance consumer experience – Consumer satisfaction is vital for business growth. QR codes offer great opportunities to enhance the consumer experience. For example, engage consumers in an interactive game like a scavenger hunt using QR codes. You can provide more memorable and positive touch points in their buying journey without the need to increase the marketing budget.
Choose a QR code integrating strategy that suits your business goals and consumers!