With the rise of online casino games like online slots, Poker, and Blackjack, as well as casino bonuses like free spins no deposit, it seems many more players are forgoing the brick and mortar casino.
That’s why we thought we’d write a guide on a classic casino game called Baccarat! What a throwback to a traditional casino game.
Remember you need to be 18+ to gamble within the UK and please feel free to visit BeGambleAware.org for more information on how to gamble safely.
Baccarat is a classic casino game that has been around since the 1400s. It is a game of chance that is popular among high rollers and is often featured in spy movies. Baccarat is also a simple game to play and has a relatively good player house edge. To play baccarat, you must first understand the rules and bet accordingly.
How To Play:
The objective of baccarat is to predict which of two hands, also known as the Player and Banker, will have a total closest to nine. You can bet on either the Player or Banker, or you can bet on a tie. All tens and cards with faces have a value of 0 for determining any hand total, an ace has a value of 1, and all other cards are scored at their given value. In the event that any hand should score more than 9, the score is modified by deducting 10 from the starting sum. If a third card can be drawn, either the player or bank hands are eligible, depending on the house regulations at each given site.
If you were to bet on the player hand and it comes closest to 9, you win double your stake. If you bet on the banker instead and it’s the winning hand, you’d win 95% of your stake. If there is a tie, you will receive an 8-to-1 pay out.
It is always beneficial to understand what could happen in a game. A third card is chosen when a player’s hand totals between 0 and 5 or equals 10. The action known as a “stand,” is when no third card is drawn, if the total is 6 or 7. This is also the same for when a card totals an 8 or 9 – also known as ‘naturals’.
Similar concepts are followed but there are a few extra specifics in the regulations for a banker hand. Again, the dealer is in charge of enforcing these regulations and will thus specify the course of action.
Much can be learned through playing the game, just like with many other casino games. Yet it’s important to grasp key plays and movements early on. Here are six baccarat tricks and tips to help you play:
1) Disregard the ‘tie bet’ option: Experts have determined the house edge (14.4%) for a tie bet isn’t a great choice
2) Bet on the Banker: The banker wins just over 50% of games, and so you should consider it as your most obvious bet.
3) Until the Bank Loses: Always keep an eye out for winning streaks and wager with the banks side (until it loses). Of course, only wager an amount you can afford as a winning result can’t always be expected.
4) Pass and Wait: If the bank loses, don’t gamble on the following result. This rule applies whenever the bank loses to the player. Wait till the next one and then start betting again based on how that play turned out.
5) Don’t count all tie bets: Deal with every tie bet as if it never happened for the sake of strategy.
6) Be prudent: Despite having a favourable house edge, baccarat has a coin-toss win/loss ratio. Thus, try to follow bank streaks as indicated, but always keep an eye on your spending.
There are many strategies for playing baccarat. The 1-3-2-4 system and the one-sided baccarat betting strategy are two of the most popular. The Martingale strategy is another progressive baccarat strategy in which you double your stake after every loss.
Ready To Play?
It’s always essential to utilise a baccarat betting strategy that is both rational and simple to implement if you want to get the most out of your time spent online. Therefore, use the advice given above to have fun and enjoy yourself.
This article was contributed by In Touch Games