A fascinating match review of the English Premier League
A win over Brentford would move Chelsea closer to qualifying for the European Cup. This will be a premise for the Blues to break through and hope to reach the top seven in the near future.
The Chelsea vs. Brentford match is considered as follows:
- In recent times, Chelsea have seen a marked improvement in form. And it was Brentford’s turn to suffer when they marched to Stamford Bridge.
- 7 points have belonged to Chelsea in the last 3 matches, since the defeat to Aston Villa. Even losing two points to Arsenal a week ago made the Blues angry. The army under Pochettino played brilliantly and led 2-0.
- In the end, however, it was the individual who made a mistake that saw Chelsea equalize 2-2 and force a split point.
- In these 3 matches, more points (7) were won and more goals (8) were scored by Chelsea compared to the previous 9 matches in the Premier League. In the early stages of the season, Chelsea’s strikers played profusely, but now the ball has found its way into goal and the rewards have arrived.
- Chelsea’s 10th place in the table and European Cup berth are getting closer.
In contrast, Brentford will be away at Stamford Bridge after a dominant 3-0 win over Burnley. After a string of defeats against Newcastle, Everton, and Manchester United, along with draws against Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, and Nottingham Forest, the win was Brentford’s first from the 2nd round. Thus, Brentford have climbed to 14th place, only 6 points away from the relegation group. If they earn three points at Stamford Bridge, Brentford will overtake Chelsea in the ranking war.
Brentford are facing a serious problem, having failed to preserve their achievements. This 6-match score was opened by them, but they lost 11 points despite winning. This is an issue that the big teams in the league have fully exploited.
Brentford’s key striker, Ivan Toney, is currently serving a suspension for breaching betting rules. But Bryan Mbeumo has emerged as the light to soften the nostalgia of the England striker in Brentford’s heart. Mbeumo has contributed to 11 goals in his last 12 Premier League games and has even scored nine goals in the last eight London derbies. Mbeumo’s brilliance could be a key factor in Brentford’s hopes of earning points from Chelsea.
Hopefully, Brentford will get a favorable result and overcome this difficulty.
Mbeumo’s impressive prowess has helped Brentford stay afloat in the last 12 London derbies, combing for the longest unbeaten streak in the club’s history. In contrast, Chelsea have managed just two wins out of their last 12 London derbies.
It is quite surprising that Chelsea have lost two of their last three head-to-head matches against Brentford, including an embarrassing 4-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge in April 2022. The latest meeting is in April 2023, and Brentford also won convincingly 2-0. Clearly, Brentford have the potential to provide a tough test for Chelsea.
In terms of force, Chelsea’s squad still suffers from injuries. Wesley Fofana, Christopher Nkunku, Ben Chilwell, and Romeo Lavia are long-term injured. Reece James and Nicolas Jackson are expected to return and play from the start of the match.
Chelsea are dominated by Brentford in terms of head-to-head record. However, Chelsea’s recent form is more impressive, with a 4-match unbeaten streak. Chelsea’s win rate in the upcoming match is rated at up to 61%.
Brentford did not have many unexpected chances, as referee Simon Hooper only drew an average of 0.1 red cards per game.
The match is expected to feature less than 2.5 goals due to Chelsea’s lack of ability to score many goals. Chelsea’s defense has shown solidity, conceding fewer than 2.5 goals in five of their last seven games. Similarly, in four of the last five encounters between the two teams, less than 2.5 goals have been scored.
Brentford were able to win all three away games at Stamford Bridge. Previously, no team had ever won all three of their first away matches against Chelsea.
Analysis of the scoring success of two teams
- In the last three matches, Brentford have not lost, scored six goals, and only conceded once.
- In contrast, Chelsea have only won one of their last 12 home games, and only against Luton.
- In addition, Chelsea have won only two of the last 12 London derbies.
- It is noteworthy that this is the first time in 2023 that Chelsea has scored at least two goals in three consecutive games.
- If this happens, Chelsea risks losing 15 games in the calendar year—something that hasn’t happened since 1994.
- It will also celebrate Chelsea’s 1,200th Premier League match.
- Brentford ended a six-game winless streak as they edged out Burnley.
However, there is a problem that Brentford have not had a good winning percentage in the last nine matches—only 1/9 matches. This shows that they are no longer as unpleasant an opponent for big clubs as they once were. Away from home, Brentford went through a streak of four consecutive games without knowing the smell of victory (losing four matches).
The shift in current odds points to confidence in Chelsea. The -3/4 handicap for the Blues has dropped from 0.98 to 0.76 (until the morning of October 28). This is not too surprising given that Chelsea are currently on a pretty good streak. At home, they have won 3 of their last 5 games. In the past, Chelsea have also won four of their last seven matches against Brentford.