Mobile devices are becoming more and more powerful, to the point where they can now easily handle gaming tasks that used to be the domain of dedicated gaming consoles. This has led to a boom in mobile gaming, with people of all ages and backgrounds enjoying games on their smartphones and tablets. So, if you are looking to live stream games through mobile, you are at the right place.
For those who are unaware of the popular live streaming apps, or who think that it is too complicated to set up, fret not. You’ll be able to stream your favorite games directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. Here, we will show you the top ways to stream games through your mobile device.
1. Choose the game streaming app
With plenty of live streaming apps in the market, it’s important to choose one that suits your needs. From Loco, to Twitch and YouTube to Mixer, there are different features and capabilities for each streaming platform. The service you choose should offer mobile streaming capabilities on Android and iOS platform, as well as other features that you would like to use when streaming live games.
Once you have chosen the live streaming app, it’s time to set up the necessary requirements for streaming. Depending on which app you are using, there may be different options available for setting up the stream. Generally, you will need to download the app that can capture video and audio from your mobile device, as well as another app or website to broadcast it online.
2. Connect your mobile device
You’ll need to connect your mobile device to the streaming software in order for it to be able to capture the video and audio from the phone. Depending on your device and streaming software, this could be done via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
Once you’re connected to the streaming software, you can adjust the settings for your stream like video and audio quality, resolution, and frame rate. It’s important to get the settings right, as this will affect the overall quality of your stream.
3. Use the Best Hardware
The other important things you need to keep in mind are:
- Invest in Hardware: Your device’s on screen resolution might show full HD, but the streaming may happen at 720p. Therefore, it is important to invest in a PC/mobile that has the capability to pull off HD stream without making any compromise on the quality. It is also recommended to purchase the best graphics card for live game streaming.
- Good quality microphone: Your device might already have an in-built microphone, but it may not be the best for talking while streaming a live game. Invest in a gaming headset or standalone USB microphone that suppresses the background noise and delivers the best audio experience.
- Your channel’s context: It makes sense to collaborate with other hosts who are also passionate about games. Moreover, your audience should be relevant to the gaming section and the channel name should be clear enough to let people know that it is a gaming channel.
4. Start streaming
Once you have everything set up, you’re ready to start live streaming! Make sure to test out your stream before starting it for real, so that you can be sure everything is working properly. Then once you’re ready to go, just hit the “start” button and you should be good to go!
5. Engage with your audience
The next step in streaming is engaging with your audience. Whether it’s chatting with them in the chat box or providing commentary on what you’re playing, interacting with your viewers is a great way to build relationships and grow your audience.
6. Monitor the stream
Monitoring your stream is an important part of streaming and can help you identify any issues that may be occurring during the broadcast. Keep an eye on chat messages, audio and video quality, frame rates, buffering times, etc. in order to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
After your stream is over, it’s important to analyze the data in order to understand how your stream performed and what you can do to improve for the next time. Look at things like the number of viewers, average watch time, peak concurrent viewers, etc. to get an idea of how your stream went and what you can do better next time.
7. Share your stream
Don’t forget to spread the word about your stream! Share it on social media, post it to relevant forums and communities, etc. in order to get as many eyes on your broadcast as possible.
As you continue to stream more and more, it’s important to keep track of your progress so that you can see how far you’ve come and what goals you still need to achieve. Track things like viewers, watch time, average concurrent viewers, etc. to measure your progress and assess how you can continue to improve.
Key Benefits of Streaming Games through Mobile
Streaming games on mobile devices offers a plethora of advantages to gamers. Here, we list some of the main benefits:
- Increased portability: Rather than being stuck at home in front of a console or PC, you can now take your games with you wherever you go. All you need is a mobile device and an internet connection.
- On-the-go gaming: Mobile gaming allows you to fit in some gaming sessions even when you’re on the go. For instance, you can play while commuting or during breaks at work.
- Convenient: Mobile gaming is more convenient than traditional gaming since you don’t have to carry around a heavy console or set up complicated hardware. Plus, there’s no need to go out and buy physical copies of games – you can simply download them directly to your device.
- Affordable: Another great thing about mobile gaming is that it’s often more affordable than traditional gaming. Console and PC games can be quite pricey, but there are plenty of mobile games that are free or only cost a few dollars.
- Better graphics: Mobile devices have come a long way in terms of processing power and graphics quality in recent years. Some mobile games now boast impressive graphics that are on par with console and PC games.
With so many live game streaming options, it’s easy to keep up with all of your favorite teams’ games – even when you’re on the go. Streaming games through mobile devices can also save you money as you no longer need to buy physical copies of your favorite titles. This can be especially beneficial for gamers who enjoy playing multiple games and want to save on costs.
So next time you’re out and about and realize that there’s a big game happening, don’t worry – just pull out your phone and tune in!